JS sterling marked cuff w turquoise, coral

Any ideas on the artisan who made this? Thanks!

2 Likes

OK. Believe it’s James Shay.

1 Like

Can you show a picture of the hallmark? But I have seen James Shay pieces that looks similar.

price tag looks like it says $100.00

did you leave without it?

1 Like

Oh my, 100.00. Seems pretty low!

1 Like

I did. Probably go back tomorrow. See if I can get them to knock a few dollars off.

1 Like

didn’t get a pic of the hallmark.

More power to ya if you can get it even further off, but I think I’d take it and run if I was sure it was his and loved it. I bought a cuff of his years ago in Zion National Park gift shop for much more.

1 Like

Here is a picture of his hallmark, even though you’ve probably researched it. I’m pretty confident that this is his work, because the national park gift shops are quite careful; that can make them a bit pricier, but it’s worth it. And I also ran into some similar pieces with the same hallmark at a gift shop on Taos Pueblo a few years later.

Sorry if it’s sideways, for some reason my camera phone started flipping my pictures sideways and I have no idea why.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll double check, but I believe that’s the mark on the one that I saw.

1 Like

Got a deal and snagged it. Mark matches the other James Shay pieces.

3 Likes

playin around on ebay tonight…spotted this item=

1 Like

That’s a cool cuff! I hadn’t seen any chip inlay by him. My cuff looks very different from both that one and the cuff @swin just bought.

Yowza! Spendy! That’s a lot.

At the same shop they have a cuff with Certina watch in it. It’s really nice, but don’t think I’d ever wear it.

more 2 be seen at this link to search results on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=James+Shay&_sacat=0

2 Likes

yeah,why I thought it was of interest :wink:

1 Like

Oh my, that’s a lot of his stuff. Makes me a little sad people want to sell instead of keep and enjoy. Thanks for the links @newpawn and @Steve .

So here is my cuff made by him.

Not sure of where the turquoise is from, but think it’s natural since it has changed color some.

1 Like