Kakiki turquoise coral and claw necklace and cuff

Acquired this recently and am interested in finding out about the turquoise in the set.

13 Likes

What a massive piece, great find. I would call that Kingman.

5 Likes

Wow, amazing piece! Congratulations

3 Likes

Beautiful! What a treasure!

2 Likes

Well… I really like this work, so much so that I started trying to find out who Kakiki was.
In doing that, I clicked the watch button on several Kakiki pieces on eBay thinking if they sold, I would have a better idea of their values. After a number of days, one of the sellers actually made contact and offered the piece she had at a hefty percentage off of the asking price…so now I’m waiting for it to arrive. :drooling_face:
I still haven’t found much info on Casa Kakiki and weather there ever was a person named Kakiki involved, or who was behind the whole thing. It would be great to find a list of the artist that were involved.

4 Likes

I agree. I started researching and then went back to work etc. etc. I also had an eBay seller approach me but that particular one still wanted $1500 just for the necklace. Needless to say I didn’t need it because I already had mine. And the bracelet. I got real lucky on that one. Are you going to post a picPicture of yours?

2 Likes

Better ones when I get it. This is one from the seller.

6 Likes

I wish it had the fluted beads like yours does!

3 Likes

That one you are getting is awesome! Like that second drop with the exposed claws. I can’t tell from that picture if the beads are handmade or not. I also can’t decide about my fluted ones. They are the only fluted beads I own and I think they are bench made but I’d like to know for sure.
I’ll be waiting to see your pictures! Congratulations!

3 Likes

Thanks, her pictures are not that great so I’m anxious to get a good look at the turquoise.

3 Likes

WoW! You two know how to pick the special stuff for sure! Have you been able to photograph your piece AC? Im dying to see it close :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
Thanks
~Koliopeee

@koliopee, Yes I did, I posted it here.

2 Likes

Beautiful pieces ! Thanks for sharing. I was wondering of anybody knew more about the artist?

1 Like

While it could be Kingman, most of Dad’s Kingman Mine stones were bluer with a more spider-web matrix. I suspect this is a Battle Mountain piece. It was one of his favorite mines for the greener stones.

1 Like

I’m a bit confused. This is listed in the online description above as being “a rare part of Native American history.” Was your father Native? I’m not familiar with Casa Kakiki except for the discussions on this site. Just wanting to learn.

Edit: Ignore the above, I just read your comment on your other post. Thank you!!

1 Like