Kingman with white parts?

I have heard that Kingman sometimes has white spots that people would darken. Is this Kingman with white spots or something else?

1 Like

I don’t think that’s it. Is that even turquoise? Could it be Larimar? I’ve got a ring with Kingman that I’m pretty sure has had the matrix darkened; it’s in the pitted areas. When I get home I’ll snap a pic.

Wrong color for larimar……but the dreaded feeling is coming up that it might be block…….it was advertised as natural stone. Eeeeeee! I will have to try the hot pin test.

Can you read the hallmark?
It looks like the word Navaho in some type of animal. I looked for that hallmark, but did not see anything similar.

Also, the setting might have later been added to the bracelet, as part of the bracelet covers the writing on the setting.

1 Like

Oh, look for White Water Turquoise mine in Mexico. Some turquoise from that mine looks similar.

1 Like

Why is that the wrong color for larimar? I looked some up that looked a lot like that.

I have some larimar too and it doesn’t look like it.

Since you have some that makes sense. The white part doesn’t look quite right on your cuff to be Larimar. I don’t have any, just looked at it in the stores; one store we were in was owned by a relative of the owner of the larimer mine in the Dominican Republic. However …

But I don’t think your white part looks like these. But the color sure looks similar in the photos.

3 Likes

This looks like a good possibility.

The hallmark has three letters above the bear but not enough to see what they are.

Gosh, I’m prob wrong, but I don’t really think it looks like the White Water Mexican turquoise either. I’m not sure about that white stuff in your your stone, it doesn’t really look like matrix in any turquoise. Where is @markyboy57 when we need him. He has identified two of my stones that I had no idea what they were.

It’s pretty; it doesn’t really look like block from your pic.

2 Likes

I believe both of these rings with Kingman turquoise to have darkened matrix, although I don’t know 100%. The left one even seems to have some of the black wearing off (I’ve had it a long time and wear it quite often).

It is matrix, not spots in the stone, that’s white and then gets colored darker in Kingman. ^This is clearly not matrix.

I do think it resembles Larimar.
https://www.marahlago.com/larimar-jewelry/splash-larimar-earrings?gclid=Cj0KCQiA-oqdBhDfARIsAO0TrGF6pVdf6A7rm4MIhv_USmUNJuwHR3S2k2X1BpRmCZmBJvRxceTsgQ4aAlf0EALw_wcB

2 Likes

I was exploring the white water turquoise last night. There is an aqua type but also a sky blue or powder blue type. That would match this as it is a true blue with not any aqua turquoise color like larimar or other types of turquoise. I notice the definition between the coloring on larimar is more subtle where as this is more crisply defined.
So the end result is I dunno.

1 Like

Just found a blue larimar so this is what it must be!

3 Likes