Kirk Smith Cuff Bracelet - Printed Hallmark instead of Cursive Hallmark?

I have this extremely well-crafted turquoise piece marked “Kirk Smith” - in printed font. From the research I’ve done on Kirk Smith, I have not come across any piece with this specific marking in printed letters, only in cursive or the initials. I was asked about the authenticity of the piece; it had not crossed my mind that it could be a “fake” because of the identical structure and detail and quality this has alongside other “authentic” pieces I’ve seen online. Does anyone have more information about this?

1 Like

Did you purchase this bracelet? What year? I can’t imagine this isn’t authentic, a little more information might be helpful.

Thanks Jason for the reply. I purchased this bracelet along with other turquoise and Taxco jewelry from a woman who said it was her grandmother’s about 2 years ago. The pieces were extremely tarnished and many seemed very very old. I don’t have any other information besides that.

The curious thing is that printed font stamp. This thing is so unbelievably well-crafted that even if it was “fake”, the jeweler would have had to have been equally as talented as Kirk Smith!

2 Likes

I purchased a number of pieces from Kirk, I remember the KS and the italic Kirk Smith. However, nothing makes me think this is not a Kirk Smith piece. Hallmark stamps break all the time, new ones are made, changes are made.

2 Likes