Lee McCray Inlay Cuff

I have just stumbled across an inlay cuff by an artist I’m not familiar with. The cuff is gorgeous in my eyes and I have managed to find out a little bit about him. From what I have found he is Navajo and does great inlay work. I have also seen everyday items like pendants and narrow cuffs for under $500. On the other hand I have seen big much fancier cuffs that are in galleries for over $1500.
Can someone give me a little more info about him and his work? I’m also very curious about what you think this cuff would be worth. Thanks for your help.

7 Likes

He has done business with the shop before, selling and we have given him piece work. The bracelet reminds me of a Mary Morgan style. This would be in the $1500 range if we had it, nice find.

1 Like

Thanks @Jason. I went with my gut and got it for a great price according to your answer. I really appreciate it! :blush:

2 Likes

@Jason do you happen to know if Lee McCray is kin to Pauline McCray? I just remembered her when I took my necklace with her hallmark off. I got it out of the safe to wear with the Lee McCray cuff today and never made the connection until I was putting away jewelry. I posted the cuff on here 2-3 years ago.
Also, approximately what age is Lee McCray? I saw another cuff that is supposed to be from about the 70’s and am wondering if if might be father and son or the same person. Thanks :blush:

Possibly, she is a couple of decades older. They both come from the same area west of town.

1 Like

Thank you. I think it’s interesting to figure out all the family connections.