Legit Tommy Singer piece?

I hope I’m not overposting…I try to post topics that are good learning opportunities. I was helping a friend set up at a nearby antique show and came across a box of silver. Because I’m weak to the turq, a cuff caught my eye that resembled a pendant I have. It’s marked “T. Singer” but not in a font that I’ve seen online as one Tommy Singer’s signatures. It’s also not marked “sterling” as usually appears under his hallmark. And stylistically his bracelets seem to have more of a hopi look to them. I’m guessing it’s not an authentic Singer piece, however I welcome any thoughts you might have on it. (In the 2nd photo it’s the wide silver cuff with the single blue stone,) Thank you all!

4 Likes

that is one nice looking cuff. screen capture below from 1 online source of examples

1 Like

Love them both!! It’s a good thing that I don’t live close to any markets…I would be broke continuously!!

1 Like

It sure looks legitimate to me. Singer used a number of hallmarks. The cuff is great and should probably go to live at your house.

1 Like

Thank you @Steve and @Islandmomma for your insight, that’s promising. I’m still pondering this piece tho. I recall posting something a while back that had a dark recessed background made up of “scratch marks” that put a piece in question. Other Singer pieces the lady had seemed to have a more granular pattern in the dark recessed areas. Hmmmmm

1 Like

I’ve seen more recent “T&S Singer” pieces that have the scratch-marked looking background.

Both cuffs are beautiful.

1 Like

This is the front it looks newer?

Has anyone seen a mark Thomas stamped with them a copyright symbol after? I don’t think it’s Tommy singer but not sure.

1 Like

Welcome! I have not, but I only looked at online resources (although I have looked at quite a few of his pieces out west). You may have seen this, but this is what’s on the Amerindien website.

1 Like

I would look for an artist with the last name of Thomas. Welcome to the group.

2 Likes

T & R Singer are pieces done after his death by his widow and family. Not the same work as his.

3 Likes

found nothing matching “THOMAS” with copyright symbol in Hougarts 5th edition

Contemporary Anglo jewelry business Thomas Carusetta, per Art-Amerindien guess. Works in a faux-Native style. See also this eBay listing, same hallmark:

https://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/264921563240

3 Likes

the rabbit hole continues

carusetta2

https://www.carusetta.com/

Could be a second hallmark. Look at the way the bear is rendered in necklace and bracelet though facing oppositely.

Here’s a similar hallmark, but this one has an extra “T” – “TTHOMAS © STERLING”

Note the top of the Ts on Bethm68’s necklace and the eBay cuff (link below) have a short irregular top.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234295733334

3 Likes

1 Like

Much appreciate all the research maybe he did some Thomas and some T Thomas? Figuring out how to list it. I can’t find much of his work to compare I don’t know what you would call those bears. Story? I can’t find much of his work at all.
Thinking of using Gorget bib bar embedded turquoise chips? in title
Grateful for your patience with this newbie

I just talked to Thomas Carusetta on the phone and I sent him photos. He said it is not his work

Found his contact information on the Carusetta website in Goodyear Arizona. He’s going to help me research.
It’s mind-boggling to me down to the cap on the t and it’s not his.

1 Like