Lloyd Becenti Storyteller Concho Belt

I wanted to show you guys this concho belt by Lloyd Becenti that I got from @Christibo. It has 15 very small conchos plus the buckle. I understand what each panel is except for the buckle, what is the scene depicted on the buckle? The LL. BCT hallmark is on every piece. Each one is 1-1/8" x 1-9/16 and weighs 9g. If you subtract the border, the field for the artwork is 3/4" x 1-1/4" or about the size of an elongated “Forever Postage Stamp”. I took them off of the belt to be able to get them all in the same picture.

8 Likes

My guess would be a lamb, or some other small animal wrapped in a blanket.

1 Like

I see yuccas in bloom on the left. A being or two in a blanket under the moon. I thought the last figure was a boat crashed on the rocks but now I wonder if it is a bowl that has been tipped over.

2 Likes

I could see a tipped over bowl or basket, could be a weave pattern. The thing that’s wrapped up was in the basket then perhaps.

Flowering yucca, something wrapped in a bundle, and an overturned basket or pot?? At first i saw echo amphitheater, but i think its a pot or basket. What would be wrapped in a bundle like that? Something harvested at night, pertaining to yuccas? Or some ceremony? Most of the other scenes pertain to animals or homecraft

2 Likes

I like the dog in a wagon. Adorable.

1 Like

I can’t stop looking at the third photograph of the entire set. Mesmerizing!

3 Likes

The detail in tbe little cabin is beautiful

The being in the bag looks like a Katchina head sticking out with rectangular slits for eyes and mouth and feathers on the top…is there a yucca katchina or one associated with yucca…the container looks like a footed bowl thats been broken…what it means I have no idea…I hope someone can its an interesting story I bet😉

2 Likes

I see that too! But I also see E. T. in one of my shower tiles and no one else sees it LOL

2 Likes

I see the circle as being the sun rather than a moon. It seems to appear in all the outdoor scenes. So interesting! It’s like a day in the life of.

1 Like