Looking for a Silversmith

I posted in another topic that I have been buying some vintage cabochons.
Am looking for someone to make some rings and bracelets from these.

I will design the items . and provide some materials in addition to the cabochons.
Stuff like sterling sand cast bracelets and ring blanks. Some silver findings, bezels, etc.
I would supply some cabochons that are not turquoise to add to the designs. Coral and opal.

All of the materials I will provide, other than the turquoise cabochons, were or will be purchased from Thunderbird Supply.

I am planning on getting back into silver work, but it will still be a few years before I can renovate my utility room to accommodate lapidary and metal work.

If anyone here is interested, please let me know.

Thank you.

4 Likes

@fernwood I would be interested to learn how this pans out for you. Best wishes on this adventure.

2 Likes

Hello,
I don’t know if this is of any help to you, but I had some custom work done by Jimmie Yazzie with turquoise cabs and sterling that I supplied and it turned out really well. At my request he made a rather large squash blossom necklace with matching cuff and earrings. The sterling was my mother’s flatware, and Mr. Yazzie was able to incorporate the design from the ends of the handles into the jewelry. He does excellent work!
His daughter Diane Yazzie is his contact person. I don’t know if you are on Facebook or not but if yes, she can be found in a group called Native American Jewelry Lovers group.

4 Likes