Looking for any history of Dave Pino

Hi, I need to say 1st, I have a turquoise problem. Ive had a small jewelery collection from the 70’s, and have just started to add to it.
I keep telling myself I don’t need anymore… we know how that goes.
I’m trying to look into the history/ learn about the makers ( takes up some of my shopping time):wink:
Todays maker is Dave Pino.
Does anyone know anything about him? NA?

4 Likes

Nice ring, seems like his work is older and don’t find any information on him.

2 Likes

I came across several online listings for Dave Pino jewelry for sale or sold. Those listings described him as “Navajo Dave Pino”. (One listing showed Zuni for Mr. Pino.) Signature appears to be the same as on your ring. Unfortunately, I didn’t locate any background info for Dave Pino.

2 Likes

I do not have any history on Dave Pino but I do have a dry Creek pendant by Ernest Pino. I know that it was made prior to 2000. A lot of the stones that this woman had came from the Zachary collection and she and her partner had several Native American artist make jewelry with them. Let me see if I can’t find the pictures.
And I say 2000 because she had a terrible auto accident and had to close the store.

2 Likes

Thank you, I do like it. Though it appears to be a mens ring, I like it on me ! :smirk:

Interesting, they describe him as Navajo and Zuni. Probably unsure or just making up stuff…:smirk:
I did just purchase this ring. I was curious of his history.

1 Like

Pretty pendant! I wonder if the Pino’s are related?

1 Like