Looking for history on AllenPaula Boyd earrings

Hi I have several earrings that have AllanPaula Boyd stamped on them. Some just have Paula Boyd and one set has just PB. I think they are from the 80’s and look to be the same style. Would love to find out more history on jewelers and the stones. Also, would it be ok to convert them to posts or would it devalue them and be too heavy as they are all bigger than a quarter?

thanks so much for any info you can provide! :slight_smile:

Hi, I can help you a little here. Allen and Paula Boyd are husband and wife and share the mark. They are Navajo from Sante Fe. They exhibited in 1994 at the Eight Northern Indian Pueblos Arts and Crafts Show and have their own gallery, Boyd Indian Jewelry in Sante Fe. They are listed with photos of their work in Dr. Gregory Schaaf’s " American Indian Jewelry II: A-L" on page 115. There is no information as to how long they have been active, but they are not in Vol I. Vol II was printed in 2012.

As to removing the clips, I definitely would not do that. If they are heavy, they will not hang properly and look correct. In addition it alters the artist’s concept of what s/he was trying to create, changes the original piece and lessens the value. In addition, anyone can wear clips!

This is the most up-yo-date three volumes that I can find that has well researched. Hope this helps.

Singer004

Thank you so much for the information! I will have to check out those volumes. The time line make more sense to me now for these pieces. My memory is not that good and can’t ask my mom about them. I have just been looking on the internet. I have learned so much from this site and am so thankful!