Lost wax eagle claw pendant with turquoise/varisite

This unusual piece joined my collection a number of years ago. It was listed as an eagle claw holding either varisite or turquoise. It is 3" long so I don’t believe it was cast from a mature eagle. My late cousin used to call it my voodoo chicken foot. Jokes aside, it is beautifully cast and very detailed. Definitely a conversation piece. I have been unable to find anything similar on the web. Do any of you have any ideas about its history or origins?

Hello, that is very cool. These are really popular and without any type of identifying mark it will be difficult to find an artist name. https://www.google.com/search?q=pewter+eagle+claw&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiPxuO3t9TSAhXEy1QKHXBDBfAQ_AUIBygC&biw=1920&bih=1021#tbm=isch&q=pewter+eagle+talon+pendant&* The best thing is do some searches and try to find a similar style. As far as the stone goes that piece looks all turquoise and really has nice character. Thanks for sharing.

I followed the link and have come to the conclusion that my cousin may have been correct in calling it my voodoo chicken foot. I really like it because it’s unusual. Thanks for your help!