Lot of 4 Older Turquoise Jewelry Would Like to Know What Mine

Greetings! I am slowly trying to identify some of my turquoise jewelry and would really like some help on these. There is a “shadow box” pendant that is signed Alberta Hart, but I have had no luck in getting any type of info on her. The round beaded necklace is a very light stone, would this be from the Royston mine? The sand cast cuff bracelet has an interesting stone, but I don’t know if it’s turquoise. And lastly is my favorite. I have worn this many times, but fear that the strings may break, so I have stopped wearing. I bought this way back in the 70s. The last photo just shows you the different turquoise colors just in case your monitors or cells are different than mine. Thank you for any help!

7 Likes

The sandcast stone is stunning! I think the round beads are ceramic or something other than turquoise. Get the necklace restrung and enjoy.

2 Likes

Thanks JW, so the stone on the sandcast cuff is turquoise. Do you know where it might be from? I’ve never seen this type before.

1 Like

Could be several mines so no way to determine…

1 Like

The shadow box pendant reminds me of Persian turquoise. The sandcast bracelet, if the stone hasn’t changed colours could very well be variscite, very hard to tell on that one. The rounded beads…jury is out on that one. I would like to get my hands on them, see the clasp and what they are strung on before I judge, but I’m thinking not real turquoise. Last necklace kinda looks like Campitos. Some references say this mine has only been around since the 80’s but that mine has been worked for centuries. I agree, have it re-strung and wear it.

1 Like

The shadow box has possible dry creek color, maybe not? Might be a more blue, something like Morenci? You would see this sandcast piece called fox, could possibly be variscite or a number of other things. The round beads don’t look to be turquoise. The beads have a Sleeping Beauty look. Some of those pieces feel more Kingman.

1 Like

Here is the Campitos I have, although the nuggets are smaller I think. Doesn’t seem to have as much green as yours, but Campitos does carry a green strain. Hard to say.

Thank you everyone for your expert opinions. The nugget beads may have some green in them due to me wearing them? I have more photos that you may (or not) want to view. Thanks again!

1 Like