Lynette and Rydell Yuselow Petit Point ring

My petit point ring arrived today.
Unfortunately, the bracelet I purchased from the same seller will go to one that got away. He took his bag of bracelets on the way home from a medical procedure he had. Ended up forgetting all of his vintage silver/turquoise bracelet in the holding room that his belongings were in. Was so disoriented from the procedure that he forgot the bag of bracelets.
It was an early Hallmark Bell Teading Post bracelet. I loved it.
I only got the ring to bundle items, as I have done with him many times in the past for turquoise cabochons from the 1970’s-1980’s.

He said this ring was purchased by his Mom in the 1970’s at the Albuquerque market.
Thanks to some research/help from members here and my own, I learned that the makers of this ring were born in the 1960’s. Married in the 1980’s. Lynette and Rydell Yuselow.
So, I am guessing it was made in the 1980’s to 1990’s.

I love the ring, even though I think I paid too much for it. At firrst he wanted about $35, when buindled with 3 other rings. All 4 rings for $140. That went up to $135 for this ring only in a couple days.

of days.

Any idea on value, when made and type of turquoise would be appreciated.
I have never ever paid this much for a piece of jewelry before, but wanted to help a friend in need.

2 Likes

Bummer of a situation! To me this signature looks like “G/L Yuselew”

Google search gives some hits for Zuni “Yuselew/Yoselew/Yusele”

Found a piece by Lynette Yusele on Pueblo Direct, and one on ebay “RL Yuselew” but they are mosaic inlay, not petit point.

1 Like

I asked about the signture previously here. Lynette has some petit point earrings that were sold in the past.

1 Like

I’m confused @fernwood . It sounds like you were originally offered the ring at $35 then it went to $140 after his loss. Am I getting it right?

1 Like

I think it’s a lovely ring; the turquoise looks really green. But I believe the hallmark was thought to be Yuselew. I found a thread where it was discussed. Halmark ON petit Point Ring

1 Like

Yes, original price was $140 for a bundle of 4 rings. Then it chnaged to $135 for this ring only.
I am OK with that, as I love the ring.

2 Likes

I guess I’m too old school. A guy is stupid (sounds like his goods walked) so he breaks a contract and makes others pay for his stupidity. Sorry, it’s just not right and I have no problem stating it.

The ring is very nice by the way.

4 Likes

I’m with @StevesTrail . @fernwood , I don’t blame you at all for buying it anyway…if this was “the piece”, then it was and you’d kick yourself if you didn’t buy it, so I totally get that since it alone was worth the money (and it is great…I’d like one like that, too!).

However, I would have serious reservations about doing business with that seller again considering how he treated you with that sale. Steve nailed it.

1 Like

What a beautiful ring. The green stones are :heart_eyes: It is unfortunate that you had a difficult transaction. I truly understand loving a piece so much that you will go the extra mile to get it. Good for you!

3 Likes