Maker inquiry - anyone familiar with this work?

I have this pendant with distinctive clouds and roadrunners, with no hallmark. I came upon a matching bracelet, and am posting it to see if anyone recognizes the style/maker. Thanks!

Picture1

Santo Domingo??

4 Likes

@Jemez2 Unfortunately, I don’t recognize the style/maker. That’s a very unique image of a roadrunner and, an interesting minimalist desert scene. Just my opinion, I’d consider the pendant & cuff to be Southwestern style and not Native American. I’m very curious about why the seller specifically identified the cuff as “Vtg Santo Domingo”. What, if anything, does he/she know about it?

4 Likes

Right? That’s a big assertion to say Santo Domingo with no hallmark or provenance.

2 Likes

Cuz you know, since they say it on eBay it’s true :laughing:

Seriously though, I really, really like it. I like those stick figure road runners, and the halfway there rain cloud; they just work for me. And it definitely looks like the same artist for both items.

3 Likes

I like the design of both. Very creative.

4 Likes

I thought about it, and deleted that. But we still had a laugh :joy:

2 Likes

Those are cool. Hard to say origin and they’re a weird mishmash of styles. Geometric stick animals but cartoony clouds— almost reminiscent of the style Harrison Begay popularized. Prickly pear is an uncommon motif in vintage overlay jewelry.

2 Likes