Maker please?

I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt, and hope that they didn’t know. I think even nice galleries can make mistakes, because there is so much Asian made stuff out there. When I first started shopping for my own items (I had been given some Native made jewelry by my parents), I stumbled on a wonderful pawn shop in downtown Flagstaff where most of the customers were local Navajo. The owner had some Asian jewelry that he used to teach people about fakes. A couple years later I bought a great book called Trading Post Guidebook that covered the Four Corners area (got it at a National Park), and used it (still do) to guide where I would go. Unfortunately many of those trading posts and shops are now closed; probably victims of covid and online shopping.

I have what I thought was a Kewa necklace that I bought in Golden, CO (outside my guidebook’s perimeter :laughing:) that I am now wondering if it could be fake; someday maybe I’ll post it. I have another one I bought in WY that I am now pretty sure is Asian made. Oh well, live and learn.

4 Likes

Sadly, I can’t see this?

which link is giving you a problem?
some of the pages are image heavy

AH, I see the problem now.

BING image search results links have a short shelf life, so what worked on 1/11 is now a dead link on 1/15

1 Like

Thank you! This works.

The Sundance catalog currently has some very similar earrings listed for sale online. They call them “Bloom on a Wire”.

2 Likes

Scroll back up?? There were several replies, but head to the top?

1 Like

Thanks @ Patina. My only exposure to Larimar was on a cruise years ago; they had TONS of it. Didn’t pay much attention since I was not going to buy anything, but having googled it again, Larimar seems to have a similar color, but more of a clean “cellular” look (my description based on my history in cellular physiology😊). Regardless, I’ve never seen this type of stone used in NA made jewelry.

2 Likes

@Bmpdvm My two larimar rings are not Native American made. I agree, I haven’t seen that particular stone used in NA jewelry, either.

3 Likes

The earrings are pretty!
That center stone looks like composite turquoise, not larimar.
I love Abiquiu, too!

1 Like

I agree. Larimar has more whites in it.

1 Like