Maker please?

Anyone recognize these? I bought them in 2008 maybe, in Abiquiu NM.
Wonder who the maker is? Are they Navajo? Please and thanks. L

1 Like

This looks like the same hallmark maybe?

I’m sorry that’s not much help! It was listed under unknown. Lovely earrings; they look Navajo, but it may remain a mystery.

I love Abiquiu, NM. I had no idea how to pronounce it so I asked a local, and they said it’s like saying barbecue with a Boston accent :laughing:

4 Likes

Thanks for that ZIACAT :slight_smile: - do we think it’s FAKE?! Yikes. Came from a reputable place…and I know it was 2008.

2 Likes

Unidentified don’t necessarily mean fake. There are plenty of unidentified artists, especially those from earlier decades. Also, just because they are unidentified there doesn’t mean someone else doesn’t know. Lovely earrings.

4 Likes

Thanks, Momma! <3 <3 <3 I was sad to think that maybe the local gallery I bought it from was possibly not legit…

2 Likes

No, I don’t think it’s fake. That’s just how that site seems to label things when they don’t have a artist name. Probably just an unknown maker. The Amerindian hallmark site is very helpful to get started, but then I always research further, and find other items online to see if they match up, because it does have errors. So I’m guessing they just don’t know who that hallmark belongs to. Although the site has identified some actual true fake hallmarks.

Hey @Steve, can you find this hallmark anywhere?

1 Like

went almost to the last page on the internet

see the result here <<<<<<<

nothing found with the leaf or the strange “L” in sterLing

leaf

see similar results with the image below<<<<<<<<<

3 Likes

Thanks Steve.

So @saguaro11, it will probably just be a mystery! Although it’s possible sometimes someone may come on here with something having the same mark. It happens! I have a cuff that I love that I know is legit, and I’ve not been able to find hardly anything at all about the maker.

3 Likes

I actually came across a piece whose mark was unidentified. I did some research and found the artist. I then contacted the site to let them know….and lo and behold…they put the artists name under the hallmark. Hopefully, they did a good check and didn’t rely on my little bit of research alone.

3 Likes

Any thoughts on the center stone? Larimar?

1 Like

That’s what it looks like to me also, but I’m not very good at other stones :laughing:

@Bmpdvm I don’t believe the center stones are larimar. (Some of the smaller stones also appear to be the same color as the center stones.) I have sterling larimar rings, and the coloration is different from these center stones. From my observations, the “patterns” seen in the center stones here aren’t found in larimar. Just my two cents.

3 Likes

smithsonite <<<<<<

1 Like

the center stone looks like compressed turquoise, or compressed block. the leaf hallmark is commonly associateed with asian imports. the outside stones i can’t tell - apple coral, block gaspeite, and something dark?

6 Likes

I hadn’t seen that about the leaf hallmark. That’s kind of a bummer. But it’s still pretty!

3 Likes

@Jemez2 Thanks. That’s exactly what I think the center stone is also. (But I was a little unsure to post it.)

4 Likes

If I had just searched on this site I would have found other discussions on it. Here’s one.
Hallmark of a leaf

2 Likes

who?! Smithsonite! Where does that come from???

1 Like

WOW! I searched the site prior to posting and thought it was a feather, not a leaf so didn’t see that. Wild that gallery in Abiquiu would knowingly pass that on. I still love them, but…thank you all!

2 Likes

https://www.mindat.org/min-3688.html

2 Likes