Marked, Eagle Bolo

This is a nice eagle bolo that is marked with what looks to be an engraved artist mark. Possibly "Carlene ???.
Did many artists mark their pieces this way? Does anyone possibly know who this artist may be?
Thank you all!

2 Likes

Carlene Leekity is the name you are looking for

1 Like

You might not get all of your answers immediately but these inlay pieces are sometimes recognizable by their style. Both are great. I particularly like the eagle.
Have no idea what you spent but so far it all looks good. Haven’t seen any cheap looking ones. Good job!

1 Like

That is great, thank you Bigbree43 for your help.:grinning:

1 Like

I am new to this site, and wasn’t going to comment yet, but I have that exact eagle, but it’s a pin. I got it a couple decades ago as a gift from my nephew who worked at the Department of the Interior. He had a Zuni friend he worked with who picked this up from the artist for him for me. What a coincidence! This is almost the first post I have read since I signed up.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I guess that’s why you were supposed to join and come read the post. Congratulations !

1 Like

Thank you, glad to be here! My love of native art began when I inherited my dad’s Dan Simplicio buckle he bought in 1969. I was little when he bought it on a trip out west, but he passed when I was 16, and my mom gave it to me. And now I mostly only wear native jewelry; thanks dad!

1 Like