Mexican hallmark

Just by chance…anyone recognize this Mexican Hallmark? Not in Hougart’s book.

Looks like a flower with the name above it starting with an M.

Thanks for your efforts.

3 Likes

@nanc9354 That’s a pretty necklace (is there a different term for this style?) I have quite a bit of vintage Mexican jewelry but haven’t seen this hallmark before. The piece looks contemporary to me. What do you think? I’ll do some research on the hallmark.

1 Like

Yes.Thank you for your compliment.

it looks Contemporary. I did a google search on a screenshot and nothing came up. It is heavy at almost 100 Grams. I’ve never seen that hallmark before either.

1 Like

@nanc9354 Sorry, I could’t find this hallmark. Don’t feel like I even came close. I did learn that this style is referred to as a collar or cuff or choker necklace.

2 Likes

Another Mexican hallmark. Does anyone know what it might be? The first part might be a faded eagle hallmark. The rest IDK. Thanks.

3 Likes

I don’t but wanted to add that Bille Hougart has a downloadable Mexican hallmarks book.
https://billehougartbooks.com/products/ebook-the-little-book-of-mexican-silver-trade-and-hallmarks

2 Likes

Is it Maria Belen? (Need 20 characters)

4 Likes

you nailed it

Ciempiés (Centipede) Design

4 Likes

Thank you @TaraFawn75 @chicfarmer and Steve. Such great researchers and Hallmark ID people here. Appreciate your help. :heart_eyes:

1 Like