Mid-Century or Modern Mexican Bracelet

This bracelet is only marked STERLING MEXICO. I’m having a hard time dating it. Construction of hinges and clasp reminds me of antique bracelets. Part of me thinks mid-century but then with the limited marks I was thinking modern. Any thoughts?

8 Likes

Hey, that’s cool!
From the style , I say 1940s-50s.
The missing stones are an easy fix, as you know!

3 Likes

I think @Stracci is spot on about the date range. Just read that in 1st half of the 20th century, items were marked simply “silver” or “sterling” with a location name, i.e., Mexico or a town. Super cool bracelet, btw.

2 Likes

I agree with the dating. It is a very cool bracelet. What are the stones?

2 Likes

Thanks all. @fernwood , no idea on the stones. Not a color I would have picked. I’m trying to dig through rock to find at least a close match.

2 Likes

It sort of looks like Chrysoprase to me.
Green stones are some of the hardest to ID.

2 Likes

Cool bracelet. I like the color of the stones.

2 Likes

Cool cuff!! Here is a cut and paste from the internet…” Determine the era during which the piece was crafted. If the mark is “Mexico Silver” or “Mexico Plata,” the piece was made prior to 1960. Similarly, variations on an eagle mark were used from 1948 to 1979 — a fully sketched-in eagle was used until 1955 and then was replaced by a silhouette. Newer marks have two letters followed by a dash and a number — for example, TC-902. This system was started about 1979 or 1980.”

2 Likes