Might need an intervention

I realize it’s contrary to your basic personalities but you also “get where I’m coming from” now & then.
I got a big(-ish) cash gift today & first thought was,“ooooo,what have I blown off as too expensive?” & telling ebay to show me Tommy Singer.
Will you folks remind me that…oh,maybe I oughta consider shoes w/some tread?
lmao

8 Likes

I can relate.
Made some more than normal tips recently. First thing I did was use the $ to purchase a couple of Turquoise bracelets.
I am in need of some good shoes. too.

3 Likes

What if I made you two turquoise broaches you can lace into your shoelaces :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

Not NA but you could visit Greatrocks123 on Etsy !

2 Likes

Many of us think exactly the same way! Besides, shoes with tread just track lots of dirt into the house. Lmbo!
My husband told me once again this year that he didn’t get me anything for Christmas and once again I reassured him not to worry that I had taken care of it.(we agreed years ago that I would choose my jewelry) Three packages arriving today through Tuesday.
I probably just need to get bigger door mats and shoes with tread too! :rofl:

4 Likes

I have a legit problem with it. I’m often scrambling to pay the note on my habit. Like I spend money I can’t afford to spend down to spending money I don’t have

2 Likes

heh. we’re supposed to be doing dave ramsey debt reduction. Shh. don’t tell the DR facebook group that i cashflow jewelry instead of going gazelle intense on my debt. :wink:

3 Likes

Well,I did it. Found a tommy s. bracelet -chip inlay & stamped-that had a or best offer. They accepted.
Just in time for long-sleeved weather(for at least 3-4 mons.),of course.

4 Likes

I thought I’d cured my husband of buying me jewelry (our tastes are very different…mine of course is best), so taking jewelry back to Wilco for some romeos since mine just fell apart. Jewelry and shoes (and purses) are my instant gratification as I don’t have to lose weight to wear them.

6 Likes

Again I am posting really late to this thread because I’m a pretty new member.

Reading through this made me chuckle, cause I remember getting the first covid relief check and thinking “hmmm…maybe I should get that cuff now…”

And they are all cool things…add cowboy (girl)boots to the list for me.

1 Like

Amen to that. :wink: LOL

2 Likes

My husband wants to understand how come I can always be on the lookout for, or be interested in jewelry, and it’s kind of insulting that he can equate it with greed. It’s not that and it’s not about “never having enough”. It’s just that each piece is unique and when you collect something (especially when it’s small and portable and doesn’t take much room to store), it’s not like you ever lose interest in looking…it’ll always be something new and beautiful to see.

5 Likes