Mom's Navajo pearls - maker? LH?

Hi- mom loved these- purchased them back in the 80s or 90s- do I see LH on the tag? Would love to know more about them- where, when, who, anything. 73 beads, 139g

Thanks!

4 Likes

finding many on the net attributed to Leo G. Harvey (not listed in Hougarts) signed with LH

this one is closest to yours with LH on a tag & stamp work on the pearls. + it’s smaller in length/value

source: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1024346579/artist-leo-harvey-lh-navajo-pearls?show_sold_out_detail=1&ref=nla_listing_details

1 Like

Thanks for that- hmmm-with the different L, what do you think?

1 Like

I agree with Steve; when I look up Leo Harvey items online, I see quite a few items with the simple LH. However, they are all on sites I don’t particularly trust such as eBay (eBay posters get a LOT of stuff wrong). What I found on some better sites all has the L that has the edges on it, like this…

So I would guess not the same person. But I certainly could be wrong! Whatever the case, they seem to be lovely Navajo pearls. I have a couple of them and they look great on.

3 Likes

with almost a yard of mom’s well made Navajo pearls in hand I would not stress too much over elusive artist ID

5 Likes

Steve, and I agree wholeheartedly- totally grateful.

1 Like