More mysterious markings

I just bought myself some Christmas presents…….can anyone decode the markings on the back? I have had one person give a good guess about it but wondering if anyone else has some other ideas. Might be Anglo made?

10 Likes

They are beautiful :heart:

1 Like

They are beautiful! Totally the style that I love.

Could that possibly say blue gem, and then something after it?

1 Like

Thanks for the verification. The other person said blue gem turquoise with a spider like marking and 76 at the bottom.

When I first looked at it, I saw faint spaghetti.

4 Likes

Hahaha, I didn’t see spaghetti but now I do!

Yes, looks like blue gem then a few initials, and looks kinda like a spider with 76 after it.

2 Likes

that was me. :smiley: still looks like “blue gem turq” and 76 at the bottom, with some spidery looking thing in between.

3 Likes

Love that blueish green color, very beautiful rings.

1 Like

@JW great rings. Love these tests on marks. So is the consensus was that the turquoise is “blue gem” turquoise? And the pictograph is the spidery mark.

There are a few older post on here to read about this Nevada turquoise. Off to review those to learn.

1 Like

i think we were deciphering the engraving on the back, not the origin of the stone. not everything engraved on things is accurate… :wink: it might be correct - who knows.

4 Likes

Update. I was not sure bout the ring on the left due to the type of silver dots surrounding it. A Native artist on another site confirmed this was a technique used in the 1970s.

4 Likes

I really like them, not only the turquoise, but also the settings. I love that soft sheen of the silver.

2 Likes

So I posted this thread a while back. I just got another ring in that I think is the same artist. Similar style, marked from 1970s, double strand for ring etc. I can see that the engraved name says Joe but not sure if the last name is Wells, Kelly or something else. Any insights? Sorry the back image isn’t any better.

3 Likes

OMGosh! I love your ring (and the other 2 you started this thread with)!

It does look like Joe Wells 74 to me.

3 Likes

Now next question……there was evidently a band of people (not Native, Anglo) that made jewelry in Pagosa Springs in the 1970s. Someone said he thought this might be where these rings are from. ???

1 Like

The ring on the left has the most beautiful color.