Morenci cuff that I need help with

This cuff is one that I wear often but I don’t know too much about it. It is marked with a w or two crossed v’s hallmark that is on the hallmark site but is unidentified. The cuff weighs 62g and is about 1 7/8” tall.
I’d like to know what you think about age and value.
Thanks for your help!

4 Likes

Love this one, and not just for the stones. The leaves or feathers are so sculptural, with all those striations etched into them. They look so distinctive, they could be an identifying feature.

1 Like

I actually ran across an article about this specific bracelet after I had owned it for a while. I thought I had saved it but it is no where to be found. Haven’t been able to locate the article again despite numerous searches. Not going to give up hope though because things have a way of showing up when you least expect them.

My mind just went to Carl Luthy because of those distinctive feathers/leaves. But that shop has an extremely distinctive hallmark, which isn’t that one. I think they ran a workshop, though. Maybe the person trained there.

1 Like

Attributed to Carl Luthy. Compare the leaves/feathers.

1 Like

Very definite similarities. Maybe the makers mark is not identified because most of his work was done for the shop. Thanks.
Just posted a heishi, turquoise, fetish question that I’d love your opinion on. Thanks again.

I’ve been trying to research my Peterson Johnson ring forever & I came across these, by Gary G. Johnson, which reminded me of this post. That ‘VV’ mark on yours is not his mark tho (GGJ with a Sunface above it?)

1 Like

Definitely very similar. This research can get interesting. So far there is a similarity with these Gary Johnson pieces and then the piece from the Carl Luthy shop. (Just saw a 14k inlaid Loloma cuff on Antiques Road Show. Wow!) I wonder if there might be a connection between the two. I’m also still trying to locate the article that was written about my bracelet. I ran across it after I had owned the cuff for a while and was sure I had saved it. Now, years later, I can’t find the article. The learning is part of the fun so I’ll keep looking. Thanks for the help.

After checking a few other things and looking at the Carl and Max Luthy shop hallmark, I’m wondering if this isn’t a hallmark for Max Luthy. The “M” is upside down on the stickman so why not upside down when alone? I am attaching several items I found while searching.