Native American? Anglo? beautiful modern bracelet with green stone & inlay

Continuing the discussion from Appreciate help with identifying maker of bracelet & Value signed "L H": inlay, cabachon, tufa:

Hi, I posted about this bracelet in July but did not get any response.

Did further searching but without any result. I am wondering now if this beauty was made by a Native American Indian silversmith at all? Hallmark is “L H”. If you also have no clue who made this bracelet please let me know at least your opinion about age, origin and the center stone (turquoise?)
Thanks

2 Likes

Lovely looking piece. Are you able to post more photos? Especially the Hallmark it would be more helpful in trying to identify this piece.

Thanks for your interest. If you click on the link provided in the post you will see the pictures in the original post including the hallmark and more close ups. Looking forward to hear our opinion.

Saw this today and the cast parts with inlaid arrows made me think of your cuff.

Before you get your hopes up, this is by Michael Perry, not signed like yours.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Navajo-Turquoise-Coral-and-Lapis-Inlay-Sterling-Silver-Cuff-Bracelet-/262899054273?hash=item3d360136c1

By chance I came across this bracelet while browsing eBay. When I saw it, I immediately thought of your bracelet.

The makers are different, but maybe the maker of this bracelet and yours are affiliated somehow; Like a student & teacher, or relatives. I’m not sure if this helps you at all, but maybe this will give you some leads for your research?

2 Likes

Wow - they certainly have a close similarity! it is beautiful. I will check it out and keep further searching. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND ANOTHER ONE CLOSE. Thank you so much for thinking of me and the unsolved mystery.

1 Like

Our host Perry Null Trading has an interview with Michael Perry. He talks about his teachers and influences.

I am just going to take a great big guess.

Michael Perry, who made the cuffs that Bree & I shared, did work like your artist.
Michael Perry says he learned a lot from Vernon Haskie, an amazing artist, who also has an interview on Perry Null’s site. You can see the influence in his work.
Vernon Haskie is the son of Leonard Haskie. Leonard Haskie’s initials are LH.
So maybe? … You need to Google images of Leonard Haskie’s work. Or maybe even ask Vernon Haskie.
This is a stretch, I know — but there are shared characteristics between Perry’s work, your artist’s work, and Vernon Haskie’s work.

http://www.perrynulltrading.com/artist/michael-perry/

1 Like

Thanks for your research. I think you have a strong point here. I did read the interview with Michael Perry but missed the one with Vernon Haskie. After your reply I followed up and searched also for pieces made by his father Leonard Haskie. From the look of some pieces made by him it could well be that my bracelet was made by him. But what puzzled me that i did not find pieces signed by him with his initials LH. All the pieces I did find by him were signed “L. Haskie”.
Since I live in Germany I do not have access to any reference books. Well, I think I have to follow up this one next year when I will come to the US again.
THANKS A LOT

1 Like

I visited with Vernon today and showed him the piece. He didn’t believe this to be his fathers, and he didn’t know the hallmark. Mystery continues.

2 Likes

Jason, thanks. It’s such nice work. I knew I was really reaching but even when I’m wrong, I learn so much.

2 Likes

Thanks Jason for asking Vernon. Mystery continues…but could You give me your opinion regarding the Center Stone being turquoise and the value of the bracelet? Thanks

Maggie,

I saw this listed and it reminded me of your cuff bracelet. Maybe not as finely made but shared a lot of the same details.

Darlene

2 Likes

The center stone is a piece of turquoise. So much of the value is going to be in the maker. If I was to sell something like this made by Michael Perry it would retail around $900, but something in the Michael Perry style made by an unknown is going to go for much less than that.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing out. Can you provide a link for me? Was there a hallmark mentioned?

Yes there was a hallmark listed.

1 Like

Leroy Harvey “LH” my younger brother.

2 Likes

I know Vernon but i have never taken lessons from him. a great jeweler but never a mentor.

1 Like

This one of my first pieces when i first started jewelry… id say back in the late 90’s

1 Like

I know this cuff… this cuff is a knock off that has been cast many times by a dealer in Gallup NM.

1 Like

Hello Micheal Perry here… the cuff in question is made by my brother Leroy Harvey “LH”.

2 Likes