Native American twisted copper and sterling cuffs

I wear the smaller sterling one, but was thinking about selling the others on eBay. Can I say they are NA and copper and sterling since they aren’t hallmarked? Most others I saw on eBay aren’t marked either. Actually, I’m not sure the bottom one is NA. Any idea on if they are authentic and a value would be appreciated!

Hello again, so I always use the NA if it’s clearly marked with a known NA Hallmark otherwise it’s just an assumption and it is false advertisement. Then secondly these are to common a technique used in metalsmithing/jewelry fabrication to assume they are in fact Native American and not attributable to a multitude of other ethnic and/or American makers. The twisted rope technique is common all around the world. It is very desirable and you can find the silver ones for $30-90 a piece…the copper and brass ones normally top out at about $35.

Also I have been selling and buying on eBay since they started and over time I have learned to Watch the descriptions carefully on eBay because they have begun to really only favor the buyers in purchase disputes which means you loose as a seller and you can’t even recover the shipping costs and watch their fees they can end up being close to 15-20% of your sale price. Otherwise have fun making some money from your collection!
*Stefanie
Koliopee

1 Like

Hello,
I am new here, but as far as listing them on ebay, you would have to list them in fine jewelry for the silver one or fashion jewelry for the copper ones. I know a lot of people go ahead and list them in native American section, but they really shouldn’t be unless there are hallmarks or some kind of design that ties it to a tribe or known artisan. Even then you have to be careful with your wording.
Good luck.

2 Likes

Thank you both! I was hesitant for these reasons but had seen so many of these listed as NA that I was wondering if it was accepted. I’m a rule follower though, so thought I’d better ask. :wink:

1 Like