Natural PoorBoy Turquoise

Several weeks I posted a picture in a discussion about Kewa necklaces. It was an old deep coral and natural Poor Boy turquoise necklace. Guess my age is showing because I forgot that years ago when I purchased the necklace I also bought some natural Poor Boy nuggets.
I’m attaching pictures of the nuggets; they very from light green blue to light Robin’s egg blue.
The information is that they were mined between 1926 - 1932. The mine is in Lake County Colorado, northwest of Leadville.
I haven’t seen any Poor Boy used in jewelry; I’m interested if anyone else has.

2 Likes

And now the photos:

5 Likes

Love your raw Turquoise absolutely stunning!. What i wouldnt give for a piece! I have been collecting specimens from all the mines in the United States. Tiny but absolutely gorgeous stones. I feel like i am leaving a piece of history for my Grandkids. Im going to put them in a shadow box and label them. Something fun to do i guess. Lol

2 Likes

@Meandmy6 Thanks! I gone through stages of collecting raw nuggets as well as cabs. Please post some of your specimens; fun to see the variety of turquoise produced for a single mine!

Ok, i can do that, did you see the stones i posted yesterday from China? They are a Seafoam green with a couple stunning baby blue. Omg i hope they are real. Do you know anything about drilling holes to make beads out of raw stones? Im going to start researching it. Thanks, Kimberly