Need assistance in identifying MIKE signed cuff

Good Afternoon, friends!
I have this beautiful Malachite, Navajo-styled Cuff bracelet. It is signed MIKE, with Sterling marked just underneath it. The Mike signature is unique, and as you can see from photos, is signed with the M branching outwards both ways like it is underlining the ‘ike.’ I perused a bunch of sites trying to locate which Mike this is, and hit a dead end. Even found someone’s listing for their own cuff bracelet with the same signature, however they just titled the listing as “Mike Signed!” I am hoping one of you may be able to steer me in the right direction. Thank You so much for your time.

4 Likes

Sorry I Can’t give you any advice I just love native American jewellery, and wanted to say i love the stone and the design.

1 Like

Try looking up Mike Simplicio online and see if you can find similar hallmarks on those items.

1 Like

thanks so much. yes, i love all native jewelry too, and this one takes the cake for sure on beauty. :slight_smile:

thanks so much. I did look him up as well, and he uses his whole last name within his hallmark. :smiley:

I found this with the same mark. It says it’s Mike Begay. If it’s true or not, I don’t know.

https://santafecoins.com/new-mexico/mike-begay-navajo-sterling-silver-14k-ring-size-11-619-32/

1 Like

From Bille Hougarts 4th edition.

2 Likes

Yes, this must be made by Mike Begay then! Thank you so very much, and for the screenshots. I know that family name, so I should have good luck in selling this piece. :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t believe that is right. I purchase jewelry from Jonathan Mike and he uses a variety of hallmarks. This is one, Jonathan Mike Silver Petal Bracelet – Santa Fe Silver Art and he also uses a JM, but I do think I have seen him use this hallmark also. I will ask him next time I see him.

2 Likes

Thanks so much, Jason! I appreciate your time and effort. I will hold tight on listing this piece until I hear from you. This is such a gorgeous bracelet, and I would like to represent it properly and give proper credit.

1 Like