Need help identifying a Pendant I bought

Oh believe me, I’m pretty sure somewhere along the line you’ve run into fake Native American jewelry. And clearly it’s a lucrative business or they wouldn’t do it. My nephew is a federal agent in Albuquerque and he worked to bust a group selling fake stuff in Albuquerque and Santa Fe. Some of it right in stores on the plaza. And it’s really buyer beware on eBay and etsy. I’ve stumbled across quite a few CLEARLY
fake things, and I’m not even on them much because I don’t shop online for Native jewelry.

If you want to learn more about it read a number of the articles on this forum.

4 Likes

Okay. Perhaps I have run into low quality “native” jewelry with fake turquoise sold at swap meets and the like, but the pendant i got is not low quality. In either the workmanship, or gemstone. And it doesnt really matter if the turquoise is from china or nevada. Its high quality turquoise. Its pretty easy to spot junk and this isnt it

Anywho. Im fairly confident all my pieces are real, both in stone, workmanship and authentic. Have a nice day

Chinese turquoise includes high-quality, gem grade material and is used by top Native jewelers, so it’s not a diminishment to mention it as a possibility. Posters here aim to boost understanding and accuracy when discussing turquoise in jewelry.

3 Likes