Need help identifying artist and material

Need help identifying artist and material. Is it bone or teeth and from what? Thank youUploading... Uploading… Uploading… Uploading…

2 Likes

I’m trying to add more photos with hallmark, but having trouble.

Hello, thanks for sharing. It looks like carved bone. What it is suppose to be I have no idea. Here is a link to some other carved bone https://www.google.com/search?q=persian+turquoise+necklace+with+gold&biw=1920&bih=1020&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiH_oaJts_RAhVL5GMKHQtMCMQQ_AUIBygC#tbm=isch&q=carved+bone+art&imgrc=wlKqFQOzhDDuxM%3A from a google search.

I am an artist and I have a biology degree and upon seeing your cuff I have to say I am really intrigued by the material on that cuff…as soon as I saw it I felt it was some sort of shark family/ fish tooth plate or perhaps a lizard skin but probably the tooth is more likely…can you please post more pics specifically of the surface texture of the white material…I have worked with animal materials in my own fine crafting and a lot with bone, ivory and petrified ivory as well and I’m pretty sure it’s not any of those items and it’s not a carving either…we also need pics of the underside of the cuff as well so we can see the hallmarks and that also might give us a clue to the answers your looking for…cool piece
Can’t wait to see more! Thanks
Koliopee

1 Like

hello! this has kept me up at night a few times because of the layers of beauty and (to me) textural novelty going on. i know this is a super old post, but if anyone’s around who felt the same, i think i found it! it may be the dorsal spine of a shark ray.

5 Likes