Need help with a cuff bracelet

Hello Turquoise People - Thanks in advance for any help! I’m looking for information about this cuff. There are no maker’s marks or purity stamps, but I have tested it and it’s sterling. The turquoise has some silver in it, also. I don’t know what the symbols are on the sides or if they’re just designs? What tribe would it be attributed to? After taking the pics, I noticed a fine crack towards the bottom of the stone, or is that a natural inclusion? Any bit of information would be helpful.

I’m sorry. I’m having difficulty attaching pictures?

2 Likes

Hi, the picture upload icon is the seventh from the left at the top of the message screen. It looks like a box with a mountain in it.

2 Likes

Thank you! I must be going crazy because that row of icons wasn’t there for me yesterday but I see it now. I appreciate your help! OK, here are the pictures:

9 Likes

I like it. Are you going to be selling it?

3 Likes

Super cool cuff! Looks like lizard feet on the sides. The turquoise is cracked and looks like it might be Morenci. Wish I knew more to tell you but maybe @Jason will chime in and give his knowledgeable opinion.

3 Likes

Thank you. I probably will once I find out more about it.

1 Like

Thank you,@islandmomma! I appreciate your help!

agreed - looks cracked, but a great stone, with pyrite. Love the freeform blebs on the side. Nice find!

1 Like

Thank you! Is there a way to stabilize the stone?

there are a number of folks who can do it, Jason from Perry Null might have recommendations. If you are on facebook, you can also reach out to Dayton Simmons in Santa Fe - does amazing restorations and repairs.

1 Like

It looks like a piece of Morenci and would most likely be Navajo made. Most of the time those cracks will not lead to losing the stone. It is glued to the backing. They can be filled if it is something you want to do. We can have it done.

Perry Null Trading Company
Attention: Rocky
1710 S 2nd St.
Gallup, NM 87301

1 Like

Thank you both for the information! I think I will sell it as is and let the buyer look into having it stabilized. @Jason, do you know if the symbols on the side have any meaning?

Nothing comes to mind on what those are symbols for.

OK, thank you. I appreciate your time.

I can vouch for Perry Null Trading for repairs and nice stone replacements at very reasonable prices!

1 Like

Thank you, SherriD! I appreciate the recommendation!