Need Help with Hallmark I.D

I purchased these two Dry Creek turquoise rings online a few years ago. The seller sold them as being by Darrell Morgan, Navajo. This really didn’t pan out for me. Mr. Morgan’s work appears to mostly have leaf/feather & curlicue designs. I then came across Davey Morgan, Navajo. That artist’s work didn’t seem to match my rings, either. Saw a couple of cuffs online by John Delvin, Navajo. They also have that deep cut work in the silver. Anyone familiar with this “D” hallmark? Anyone know who the artist is? Thanks.

P.S. ~ my photo does not do the rings justice. They’re large, hefty, and the turquoise is a beautiful, creamy, light blue.

3 Likes

Try searching Calvin Desson.
Most of his work is inlay, but he might do other.

2 Likes

Tah posted this of his cross pendant…

Same hallmark?

3 Likes

I’m attaching a picture of the “D’s” in Hougart’s 5th edition of hallmarks.

1 Like

@Islandmomma Thank you! Much appreciated. I will check out these names.

1 Like

You are certainly welcome!

1 Like

@Ziacat Thank you for your help. The “D” hallmark on the cross & rings looks the same… I’ve researched Davey Morgan’s work and it doesn’t really seem to be similar to my rings. @fernwood had also mentioned Calvin Desson. Though, I wasn’t able to find any work other than inlay for Mr. Desson.

1 Like

@Islandmomma Hi ~ this morning I researched the “D” names that you kindly provided yesterday. Unfortunately, I didn’t come up with a conclusive artist for my 2 Dry Creek rings. A singular letter as a hallmark is always tricky to I.D., imo. Thanks again for your help.

2 Likes

Yes single letters are tricky but the rings are great so I’d say just enjoy them. I have plenty of unidentified pieces.

4 Likes

This bracelet has a hallmark I’ve been unable to identify. It’s a horizontal J above another J. I think it’s an older piece, and it’s heavy. Anyone know who this hallmark belongs to? Thank you. Jim

3 Likes

Welcome to Turquoise People! Sorry, I had no luck with the hallmark. Nice cuff! Maybe someone else will have better luck, but some hallmarks remain a mystery.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. Still haven’t had any luck with the hallmark. The cuff seems to be pretty old, so the hallmark may be the same. Stay cool. Jim