New to Turquoise People

Hello, I’m new to Turquoise People and am trying to educate myself about Indian Jewelry, silver and turquoise. The reason for the new interest is that I have come into possession of a fair amount of indian turquoise/silver jewelry. Rings, bracelets, necklaces. I’m trying to educate myself on what the value of these items may be. They have been sitting in my father in laws estate for about 40 years so I’m guesstimating the 1970-80s. I could use some help identifying them and with appraisals. I will be posting photos soon and asking for some help, so any that is given will be appreciated.
So I’m looking for ways to identify the jewelry. Thanks for reading. I’ll post photos soon.

6 Likes

I found myself basically in the same boat some years ago. I don’t think you could find a better resource than this place. There is a lot of info in the archives, mostly accessible through searching but you have to have some idea of the correct names for things, which I had to learn. Good luck, don’t hesitate to ask for help.

3 Likes

hello & welcome to one of the best stops on the net for help. good clear pictures, especially of any markings on the back will help along with any other background info such as places he lived, visited etc.

4 Likes

I didn’t know this when I started so I’ll mention it. Ebay allows you to filter out everything except things that have already sold. This filter out all the people who are asking unreasonable prices for things and gets right down to the business of how much is it actually selling for. It’s under the “Advanced” button at the end of the Ebay search bar. You may already know this but someone reading this might not.

5 Likes

Very good . I will be using this site as soon as I get the photo ready. I’ve been lurking for awhile and saw the benefit of good photos. Thanks

1 Like

AC, thanks. I did not know that. I will take a look.

1 Like