Newly acquired E. S. Mitchell cuff

@here4turquoise
Thank you so much! You are very kind :smiling_face:

1 Like

@here4turquoise Wish for one to come my way, too, please. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Me and @Patina will arm wrestle for the next available cuff!

2 Likes

There are several out there for sale. All you need is a lot of dollars and a dream. :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

@Stracci LOL! If I get to go to NM for this arm wrestle, you’re on! I :heart: NM.

2 Likes

You got it @Patina. :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Ooooh Wow…I can’t decide which I like more, Sage or the Mitchell cuff!!! :blue_heart::horse::blue_heart: Love them both! In addition to the gorgeous cuff & pony, I have to mention what a fabulous photographer you are, these photos are great! Thank you for sharing & including the pony photos…please keep them coming!

2 Likes

Nor do I, so that makes 2 of us! Ok, I’m on the lookout now!

2 Likes

Thank you for your encouragement on my photos. I am just a rank amateur with an iPhone.

A Mitchell cuff for everyone!

2 Likes

I saw Reggie’s table filled with them at Indian Market last August.
Beautiful and $$$$.

3 Likes

We are thinking about going back to the four corners area in Fall 2025. I’m hoping to find him and Robert Johnson at an event. :crossed_fingers:t3:May have to take a withdrawal from the retirement account. :wink:

4 Likes

His pieces are expensive, but I don’t shop online, and usually only buy a few pieces a year when I’m traveling, or at the Eiteljorg Art Market (and being where I live I’m not going to find a lot of things in antique stores/estate sales so I don’t even look). So for me it was worth it! I like to link in my mind my purchases to memories of where I bought them; everything I buy is very personal for me. And buying online just doesn’t work for me, because I really have to see something on me to decide if I like it or not. That’s just me! But if I’m ever not able to travel or get to the art market, I might have to change my tactics :laughing: And if I lived out there like @Stracci, I would REALLY be in trouble…

Looking back at a lot of my purchases in the '90s, and my parents items from earlier, I realize how fortunate I was to be shopping then. And I will forever have the memories of those wonderful places that are now closed.

And I am loving seeing all the wonderful pieces all of you are finding online and other places!

2 Likes

The thing about cuffs…
I have to try them on. Since they are individually made, even a tiny difference in circumference can make a difference in your wrist.
I would hesitate to buy one online. In addition, online sellers give weird measurements, so how can you be sure that a cuff will fit properly?

When I bought my Lyle Secatero cuff at Indian market, I tried on so many of his bracelets that my wrist turned red!
But it had to fit just right.
When I found the right fit, I knew it was “the one”.

@here4turquoise How is the fit on this cuff for you?

4 Likes

I agree! Cuffs are difficult. Last time we were in ABQ we were at Cowboys and Indians Antiques, and I was trying to decide between two cuffs. One was definitely better quality than the other, but it just didn’t fit me as well. So I went with the one that that wasn’t quite as nice, because it fit perfectly. And I actually liked it better anyway :grin:

3 Likes

I’ve bought cuffs online and have had pretty good luck. I took my best-fitting cuff and measured it laying next to standard wooden ruler. It’s a pretty common way sellers show measurement, so if they post a pic of a similar photo, i can gauge pretty well how it will fit me.

6 Likes

I have never been properly fitted but watched Reggie Mitchell’s video on how to measure for a cuff. I use his advice as my rule of thumb.

Here is a front and back fit on the E. S. Mitchell cuff.

Please let me know if the fit is too tight or just right. I value my Turquoise forum peeps opinions.

I have a plan in place if it didn’t fit. One of you all would have likely ended up with it. Not Joking at all!!

4 Likes

I am considering the drive to Eiteljorg Art Market this June. In your opinion, would it be worth a drive from VA? Are there enough Native vendors?

2 Likes

Gorgeous!!
It looks like a good fit, but only you can say for sure what it feels like!
As long as it feels secure, and doesn’t turn on your wrist.

1 Like

Thank you. I value your opinion.

Looks like a really good fit! Looks spectacular on.

To me the Eiteljorg Market is worth it, but I don’t know how far your drive would be, and I really haven’t been to any other Indian art markets to compare. The museum is lovely, and the market has music, food, and demonstrations also, so it’s very interesting. I tried to see if they had a list of the artists that are going to be there, but I couldn’t find that yet. Last year they had about 140 artists participate. Often when I’m in stores out west and they ask where I’m from, the shop owners will comment how much they like the Eiteljorg Art Museum. The market has been consistently written up as one of the top 10 in the country.

If you do come, we will have to meet up! That would be fun.

Here’s a link to what they have on their website. I can’t find the list of artists, but I noticed Milford Calamity’s website (he’s a Navajo artist that I’ve purchased from) said he’s going to be there, so maybe they’ll have the list up soon.

2 Likes