Newly acquired E. S. Mitchell cuff

Just received this E. S. Mitchell cuff today. The online pics were not very good but I took a chance. Boy was I happy once I opened the box.
@Ziacat since I saw your Reggie Mitchell cuff, I was on the search for one. Unfortunately, they have all been above my N.A. budget. When I saw this one, his dad’s cuff, I made an offer and it was accepted. :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you for your inspiration!
Any guesses on the type of turquoise? All information is appreciated.

16 Likes

Wow! That’s a beauty.

ETA: Turquoise looks quite a bit like natural Lone Mountain.

2 Likes

Thank you @mmrogers. I am thrill to have a stunning Mitchell cuff.

1 Like

Super fabulous! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you @Stracci. I appreciate your :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Very pretty and the cuff ain’t bad either. :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you @TAH

Sage is nearly symmetrical in his markings. The white blanket is on both sides.

Please excuse the dirt.

13 Likes

I love, love, loooove it! Eugene Mitchell’s work is amazing, and there’s something about the art of this family that just draws me in. I didn’t have a guess for the turquoise, but I know Reggie always uses natural beautiful stones, often unusual ones (mine is Candelaria), so I bet his dad did also. I’m so glad you found one! I’m really hoping Reggie is at the Eiteljorg Indian Art Market again this year. Here is a link to a video where Reggie is talking about his family’s history in silversmithing, and for those who are interested, it also shows them making a tufa cast bracelet pretty much from start to finish.

I am also linking an article that discusses how they found out some of his father’s designs were being stolen; it was very interesting. Part way down there’s a picture of Reggie, his father Eugene, and Reggie’s son Bronson.

Oh hey, hi horsey! Sage is beautiful! I would spoil him with carrots :grin: And looks like maybe I see black and white paint back there?

4 Likes

Sage is awesome. The cuff is pretty good, too.

3 Likes

Thank you @Ziacat for the video and linked article. I really enjoy learning and is the main reason why I am here.
Sage is a tri-color walking horse. His sire was black and white as well as his half brother, our Rio.

His dam, Santana, was an unregistered dappled buckskin gaited horse. She was the horse of a lifetime! Anyone could ride her.

Thanks again for the links. I enjoy viewing and reading them.

8 Likes

Thank you @fernwood. :horse:

Awesome cuff @here4turquoise .

2 Likes

They are beautiful! I’ve never owned a horse, but I’ve ridden my whole life. Fortunately my riding instructor is also a good friend, and she’s always found a horse for me to ride. Right now I’m getting to ride her thoroughbred, but I love paints. I rode a brown and white one named Cody for years. BTW, love the name Santana :grin:

You are welcome! It’s really nice how they wove the making of the bracelet in and out of the video. I mostly don’t look for particular artists, I buy what I like and will wear, but I have found a few now that I will search out when I can, and I definitely am saving for another Mitchell piece. Enjoy wearing your beautiful new cuff!!

4 Likes

Thank you @StevesTrail It will be worn a lot.

1 Like

@here4turquoise , your cuff bracelet is a dazzler! The design, that stone… yowza.

And Sage is a sweetie :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you @chamekke. He has a sweet face.

1 Like

@here4turquoise That’s an outstanding turquoise cuff! I would’ve been happy opening that box, too, lol. I’m hoping for Dry Creek turquoise. Your horses are beauties!

2 Likes

Thank you @Patina. I couldn’t open the box fast enough.

2 Likes

Everybody has a Mitchell cuff except me!
Wahhh!:sob:

Ps, I love the sweet horsies!

2 Likes

I will wish for one to come your way.

3 Likes