Nice ring with dendritic(?) turquoise

I don’t know this mine, but love the turq in this one because it almost looks dendritic.

This pic is pretty true to color.

Does anyone else have an example of dendritic turq or know of the mines that might produce it?

3 Likes

Very cool turquoise. I believe that black color is chert matrix, which is much more common in turquoise, not dentrites. Dendrites are formed by manganese oxide. I’m sure there are examples of dendritic turquoise somewhere, but it would be extremely rare and hard to come by.

1 Like

Thank you! I thought it might be dendritic because the chert was kinda branchy.

But I can see how it can just be the chert pattern.

After your second picture, I’m not so sure it’s Chert anymore :thinking: it looks much more red now

Definitely more red.

One of my FB friends cabbed this piece of dendritic chrysocolla with malachite that i thought was really neat and relevant to this thread. Chrysocolla is a copper based mineral that would also be found in the same area as turquoise is.

4 Likes

Thank you! That is really dendrite like!

This one looks like fossils of plants.

1 Like

The piece is very nice and that turquoise is so different, the blue is almost a translucent aqua in some areas, what mineral is the green?

Wow Bree does your friend sell pieces like this…I love it!? The composition he captured is just so beautiful. What size is that cab?
koliopee

I have some rough and slabs of AZ Chrysocolla with hematite that look a lot like that.

If you are not familiar with Chrysocolla, it is sometimes called Gem Silca.

Here is one slab. Sorry if the photos appear a little blurry.

2 Likes

I just purchased a lot of stones that included what I think are two dendrite turquoise cabochons. One was just set into a custom ring (pictured) and the other is being set into a pendant. Opted to do something different and have these set in a more contemporary setting.

2 Likes