Nothing more than a brag. I hope you will indulge me

Please allow me a moment to brag on my Mother who is the one who inspired me to learn more about Native American jewelry. The pieces that I request more information on or that I share pictures of all belong to her. She has spent a lifetime collecting and educating herself on American Indian jewelry, rugs, pottery…well you name it, she most likely has collected it. This picture was taken on my parents 64th wedding anniversary right before we went out to dinner. Mom is 84 and she can really rock the style. She is wearing a necklace by Frank Patania Sr. who as you most likely know was not Native, but Italian, but worked closely in his Thunderbird shop with Indians to produce some of the most beautiful jewelry I have ever laid my eyes on. If you would like to learn more about Frank Patania here is a great website - https://www.spatania.com/frank-patania-jr The other pieces she has on are a small part of her collection that she treasures. This is nothing more than a brag on my part because I’m so lucky to still have my Mom and she is both beautiful and smart - after all she chose the best husband who indulges her passion. Thank you for allowing me this post.

26 Likes

Love the belt! Great picture!

3 Likes

Your mom is my kinda gal! And clearly she has excellent taste in jewelry!

2 Likes

Beautiful photo. So happy for her!

2 Likes

Mom’s joie de vivre positively bursts through the screen! Thank you for sharing this glimpse into your fab lady. Inspirational!

5 Likes

Great post and your mother wears it well! She’s obviously a very classy lady.

3 Likes

Thank you all for your kind comments. I’ll share with Mom so she can read them. She loves her Native American collection!

2 Likes

Your mom rocks the style elegantly! That huge silver cuff oh my!

3 Likes

What a great mom - she is really rockin’ it!

3 Likes

What great taste your lovely Mom has! Every piece you’ve shared with us @MelindaC is Beautiful…Happy belated Mothers Day!

3 Likes

You have all been so KIND and I thank you very much. I’m so happy I found this site filled with knowledgeable, considerate and courteous members. It is a great place to be!

2 Likes

This picture of your mom has inspired me to starting searching for a turquoise belt!

5 Likes

What an eye catcher…I mean her…not the belt. You are one lucky daughter to have some who enjoys life…just look at that smile!

2 Likes

She has many of them and guess what, she won’t share! I say Mom, you have all these concho belts and only one waist. But I don’t blame her. If they were mine I don’t think I would share either :slight_smile: .

3 Likes

I could not agree more. For being 84 she is looking great and my Dad looks just as good. I’m fortunate to have good DNA that way!

2 Likes

She looks AWESOME at 84! And what style! P.S. love that belt.

2 Likes

Your mom is awesome! I love the whole outfit!

1 Like