Old? I love these stones

I got this at auction a little while back. I’m not sure what the metal is–the ends were kind of orange, so I thought it wasn’t silver. As I wear it, it has been polishing itself some, and seems more like silver, although probably not sterling. No hallmarks of any kind.

The stones do not have the shiny finish that I think of as stabilized. But they are turquoise, right? What do y’all think?

18 Likes

What a great bracelet, silver just nobody wore it for a longtime. Like you said, the more you wear it the more you will polish it. The stone is an amazing color. Maybe something like fox turquoise? Could definitely have changed color over time, it seems to have some blues mixed in with those greens.

7 Likes

Old, and what a great bracelet! Not all NA jewelry was hallmarked or marked sterling way back. It’s got a nice old patina on it.

4 Likes

Reminds me of Landers, and definitely looks natural. That matrix is unusual with the spiderweb. Sure is pretty!

3 Likes

truly beautiful stones! Really nice!

3 Likes

Thank you all for your comments. I wish this cuff and these stones could tell me some of their stories. I always wonder why a piece leaves the owner it had.

5 Likes

I think the owner passes away and the children don’t appreciate turquoise jewelry. I am the only one in my family that likes it and I just started collecting it.

6 Likes

I hear you on that. I was the lucky recipient of my mother’s small collection of jewelry and pottery, since it’s not really my brother and sister’s thing. But don’t know where my stuff will end up. I do have one little grand nephew in Colorado who seems to love turquoise!

3 Likes