Old Kingman With Quartz. Questions

I have shown photos of this Cabochon before, but now need help with it.
Purchased from a very reputable seller. He is liquidating his turquoise cabs and rough, as he is going blind.
Over the past 6 months, I have purchased a lot of turquoise from him. Everything has been awesome,

This was made by him in the 1970’s to 1990’s. Kingman Turquoise with quartz.

I did some research and discovered comparable Kingman cabs offered for $50 to $600 dollars.
I was taking some better photos of it, and noticed something strange.
These photos should be true color and show size.

Size.

Thickness.

Black backing.

Another photo.

Here is the strange part. There is a bubble in one of the inclusions. The inclusions appear to be actual clear and smokey quartz. I did apply a hot needle, which did nothing. If they had been a type of epoxy used as filler, it should have melted.
3a

Would appreciate some opinions on if these are real quartz inclusions. I do lapidary work and have a lot of quartz crystal points. Have never seen one with a bubble before. Bubbles usually indicate glass, so I am very confused right now.

I am also looking for a possible value for the cab. Not that I am selling it, but want to be sure it is used in a way comparable to value.

Thank you.

2 Likes

does the bubble move? i would investigate enhydro quartz. great specimen!

4 Likes

Thanks @Jemez2 I’ve never heard of enhydro quartz before. Looked it up & learned something new. That’d be so cool if that’s what is in @fernwood’s turquoise cab.

2 Likes

I had never heard of that either.
Do have a FB message in to the seller.
I do not believe he would misrepresent anything.
I only paid $15 for the cab.

1 Like