Online Find

I bought this piece online for $12. (Seller said She purchased it many moons ago at an antique store in California)
I thought the stone was pretty & possible turquoise.
It was VERY black with patina, I cleaned it up a little and I don’t see any markings. It’s quite heavy.
I have not tested it for Sterling yet, I’m curious if anyone has ever seen anything like it or any idea of age?
I attached before & after pic
Thanks

3 Likes

I love it! Great looking cuff!

1 Like

And that was really neat looking! If I had to guess, I would like to say resembles a sandcast style but I leave that to the experts on this forum! What a great find, especially at that price.

1 Like

Looks sand cast with Navajo style stamp work. Could be lost wax cast from a sand cast original, but suspect it is authentic sand cast, and most likely Navajo. Sand castings have to be individually quality stamped by hand after the casting process, and Navajo sand casters don’t always take the time to do this. It’s often left to the silversmith who does any additional work to the piece.

Sand casters don’t always use Sterling 92.5% silver quality either. Base color is fairly white, so it could be anything from ~75% silver on up.

1 Like

Interesting…thanks for the info
Any idea on age?

1 Like

Best guess is 70’s, although it could have been made anytime from the 70’s to early 2000’s. Stone looks like low quality stabilized turquoise, and needs to be removed and reset, or it will eventually fall out.

Great find, Tara. You likely got this bracelet for less than the value of the materials :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d say that is a really nice cuff!

1 Like