Opinion on belt buckle and price

I’m contemplating purchasing this belt buckle and wanted to see what others thought of the turquoise and price. It is a large buckle approximately 4" by 3 1/4" and weighs 121 Grams. It is signed J Nelson for Navajo artist John Nelson and sterling. The stone is approximately 2" by 1 1/4". I’m on the fence about the stone but I like the overall piece. Seller wants $520.

3 Likes

I find the turquoise intriguing. It looks similar to some Blue Gem that I’ve seen. However, without any way to substantiate that, I’m inclined to think the price is rather high. That said, It is a very pretty buckle and I personally like the turquoise. Would they be open to an offer?

Thanks Islandmomma, The seller indeed advertises it as Blue Gem turquoise.

1 Like

Do you consider the seller reputable? It does look very similar to a pendant that I have. It was made from Blue Gem that the person commissioning it provided. I am attaching a picture. If it’s Blue Gem I would pay the price unless she will accept an offer.image

Thanks Islandmomma, She is very reputable and I have bought several pieces from her…She has come down a bit already on it. I think I will pull the trigger.

2 Likes

Got it for $480.00, I’m happy with that.

2 Likes

Congratulations! It’s a great buckle and I hope you enjoy it.

1 Like

What a great buckle, enjoy wearing it.

1 Like