Oscars

Anyone else rooting for Lily Gladstone to be the first Native American actor to win an Oscar tonight?

9 Likes

I am, though I haven’t made time to watch the film yet. That dentalium corset tho (Elias Not Afraid, yes?) :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I haven’t seen the movie and, I rarely watch the Oscars. But, I’ll be watching tonight because I’m 100% rooting for Lily Gladstone to make history!

3 Likes

We haven’t seen the movie, but my hubby read the book, and said it was great (we haven’t gone to a movie since 2019 :flushed:). I don’t watch the Oscars, but will root for her!

4 Likes

Yes, it’s Elias Not Afraid. It’s so beautiful, it looks like a wedding dress!

I watched the movie last night. I wanted to read the book first and haven’t had time yet, but wanted to have seen it if Lily makes history tonight. I liked the movie but it’s really depressing and tough to watch—unsurprisingly.

2 Likes

My husband said it’s an incredibly important story to read, but said the same as you did about it being so difficult. I hope to get to it eventually. He read it quite awhile ago, and I remember talking about it, but just haven’t had the heart to tackle it.

1 Like

I’m so disappointed.

4 Likes

Well crap. The Academy rarely fails to disappoint.

I do love Emma Stone though. I saw her on Broadway in Cabaret which was fantastic. Any other year I would be glad to see her win.

3 Likes

John Cena for the win though - loved his presentation bit.

3 Likes

Here’s some more details on her red carpet fashion, including her Gucci dress designed by quillwork artist Joe Big Mountain (Insta handle joe.bigmtn if anyone wants to check him out):

4 Likes