Pendant value, and what kind of ring!?

Any help with these three pieces? I’m mostly interested in finding out anything about the left pendant as I’ve never seen anything like it. GE makers mark. I also don’t know what the green stone is on the other pendant so not sure how to value that, and the ring has me stumped. I’m not sure I’ve seen a piece with that much small inlay. Any help on value and or history is appreciated!

3 Likes

Hi! Can we see the back? The green is malachite.

6 Likes

Gary Edwards Navajo Sterling Silver Story Teller pendant

Native American inlay ring image search results <click

4 Likes

Oh fantastic, thank you!!

2 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

Malachite is so pretty nice Navajo work. Appraisal between 80-100 retail.
Beautiful Navajo Story teller Pendant , very well done. Between 120$ and $185. The reason for the wide appraisal is because the piece is not in hand.
Lastly the ring. It is not native , the micro work is not of genuine stone. so I would prefer not to place a value on it. It is very pretty.

3 Likes

The pendant is definitely meant to look like overlay. I suspect though, that is cast, as opposed to one layer of silver being cut out by hand and then soldered to a backing layer. The stamping and finishing was then done by hand. You should be able to tell by looking at the bottom edge of the pendant. If it is overlay, there should be a tiny almost imperceptible seam visible where the two layers of silver meet. The design is neat, you may know this but the three images are of Shiprock (a famous rock formation on the Navajo Nation), a Navajo hogan, and a weaver weaving on a traditional upright loom. I agree that the micro inlay ring is most likely a foreign import.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the information!

1 Like

Fantastic thank you so much for this info!

1 Like