Pendants, pendants, pendants!

my latest tiny treasure…

It’s a single inlaid shell earring, about thumbnail size. I’ve been collecting tiny pendants for a while with the idea of making a charm pendant. Searched forever for a charm holder I liked. Settled on this, which I actually think is also an earring! inkpen for scale.

15 Likes

What a brilliant idea. I love it. What a great way to repurpose single earrings. Your latest addition to the group is charming.

4 Likes

Yes, it is an earring.
Love how you assembled this collection.

3 Likes

Wow! that’s the tiniest little inlaid shell I’ve ever seen! Awesome to have a piece by Louise Platero too!

2 Likes

how did you get it to change colors?

6 Likes

hee hee - the top one was last night on my lap in my living room, before i removed the earring post and gave it a once over with a sunshine cloth. the 2nd one was about an hour ago at my desk with much better lighting! 2nd pic is a much more accurate color. :smiley:

1 Like

I know! i love that it’s so bitty!! the mosaic pieces can’t be bigger than a millimeter or two.

i need to take a group pic of all my Platero pieces! 2 rings, spinner turq/coral earrings, a bracelet, and the pendant you see.

the little pendant with the 3 raindrops is also marked R Platero, but it’s engraved and not stamped so I’m not 100% certain on that one.

3 Likes

Here are two small pendants that I hung together.
Dainty! Found separately at thrift stores.

8 Likes

They fit well together!!

1 Like

What a great idea @Jemez2! I’ll post a picture of a charm bracelet with several signed “charms”, now I’m wondering if they could single earrings😊. We should try to bring charm bracelet back into fashion!
Also, please do post your Platero pieces; I also have several pieces by Ramona and Louise Platero, great old style with wonderful turquoise and coral!

3 Likes

Oooh, I love turquoise shell overlay pieces (is it inlay or overlay; I’ve always called it overlay, but have seen it commonly called inlay too🤔). I’ve seen a lot of great earrings by Mary Coriz, but they are quite large. Yours looks perfect!

3 Likes

I’d love to see your other Platero piece too! I have a necklace and earring set by Louise!

3 Likes

@AC @Bmpdvm i finally sat down to take pics of my platero pieces - new thread shortly!

4 Likes

Great, I’d love to see them I have a few I can share too. Show an tell😄

2 Likes