Please help to identify my turquoise bracelet

Hello there, I’m new to this forum and I apologize in advance for my English, I was born in Ukraine.
I’m a fan of turquoise, and I’m so glad I found this source :heartbeat:
Can you please help me identify this beautiful silver bracelet.
There are no markings on the metal. The seller said that he did not know anything about the bracelet, only that it belonged to his mother and that it was around the 30s-40s.
Turquoise, I’m guessing either Kingsman or Morenci… The metal has been tested and is silver.
Anyone have any more specific ideas?

5 Likes

Welcome to Turquoise People! Pretty turquoise. So much turquoise on the market is Kingman (which is often why I guess it :grin:), but I don’t really have a guess on these stones. What made you think possibly Morenci? Is there any pyrite? I am saying 'guess," because without provenance there is no way of knowing 100%.

Since it lacks a hallmark, it will be pretty impossible to figure out the maker, but it does look Navajo.

Your English is great, BTW!

2 Likes

Welcome! i think this bracelet is much more likely to be from the 70s-80s up through right now. the half-round sterling wire, I believe, is a more modern commercial product that wasn’t commonly available in the time period you’re talking about. This overall has the look of much more modern entry-level collector pieces than the period you were quoted.

as to the stones, when in doubt, stabilized kingman is a good bet for this era.

3 Likes

Thank You, Ziacat! Yes, dark spots (matrix) contain pyrite.

Kingman has pyrite also, and I agree with @Jemez2, likely stabilized Kingman. It doesn’t really look like Morenci to me. But with pyrite present, Kingman’s a good guess!

2 Likes

Thank You, Jemez2! This bracelet come from “random” seller - he describe this bracelet as “blue stone” jewelry … ) However You might be right.

Thank You so much for your help. I just started my turquoise collection. Some time I bought turquoise imitation for knowing visual difference between real and fake. So I have howlite "turquoise "and magnesite “turquoise” and want to buy some piece from mountain “jade” (kind of marble) for comparison)

1 Like