Please Help With Rock Identifications

I recently came in possession with a quantity of turquoise / variscite type rock slabs, (see attached photo). I’m reaching out to turquoise folks that can help identify these rock samples.

1 Like

Do you have any information that would help? Lots of turquoise is going to have certain characteristics and these look to be dime size. Did the seller tell you the area or how he obtained them?

1 Like

The material came out of an estate. Unfortunately the original owner is dead. I’m looking more for a general idea rather than a definitive mine. All I know is that the estate believed the material had come from out west. My hope is that some of the rock is recognizable to someone. Unfortunately, I’m not knowledgeable enough on turquoise ID.

1 Like

It all looks American, referring to 1,2,3,5,7. Most likely something from Nevada, that is a really nice web matrix. Number 7 is just showing too much host rock to get an idea. Numbers 4,6, and the unnumbered who knows. The webbed turquoise personally reminds me of a mine called Danny Boy.

Thanks Jason! My main issue was with #4 and #6 (small bluish and larger green stone are actually part of a group of slabs cut from the same rock) also. Maybe they will look different cut and polished when the weather warms up and I can take the Lortone outside.

1 Like

There are a lot of new claims/mines now. Some really nice turquoise is being sold.
A lot of it looks like Kingman, Sleeping Beauty and others from the older mines.

1 Like