Please help with these trademarks

Pretty sure these are not Native, but rather commercial Southwestern sterling. I would appreciate help with the trademarks if anyone has seen similar.
The MOP set is strung on cord.
The impressed design flat-bead necklace signed AM is strung on chain.

1 Like

The first one is the mark for Carol Felley–she’s Anglo and this is considered a shop or manufacturing mark. She does some of the design, and I believe she’s based in New Mexico.

3 Likes

I find three “A M” marks in art-amerindien.com (Alfred Martinez, Angeline Miller and one unknown artisan) but the fonts in each look different from yours, so I am not much help there. I hope @Jason may have a better idea of who it might be. The top necklace you identified as mother of pearl, but those are actually nautilus shell, what’s called “Osmena pearls.” Very pretty!

Thank you- very helpful and I appreciate it.

Thanks for the info on the “pearls”. My training is in commercial high end jewelry so that got by me. I appreciate the help.

Sorry, that didn’t sound right. I should have said my training is in so-called “fine jewelry” and I am trying to learn about Native because it’s so beautiful and in my opinion, waaaay under rated. I really appreciate all the great folks on Turquoise People who are willing to help and are so very knowledgeable.

1 Like

I kind of wondered what “commercial” high end meant…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: And yes in a field where most of the jewelry is artisan made, it is very special…but don’t tell anyone.

2 Likes

You’re welcome, happy to be helpful!

1 Like

We have a bead maker Angeline Miller, looks like this could be her work.

2 Likes