Queen Hetepheres I Inlaid Silver Bracelets c2550 BC

Found this posted by KimberllyJ67083 on orchid.ganoksin.com this morning:

Pair of silver bracelets, belong to Queen Hetepheres I, inlaid with semi-precious stones in the form of a butterfly (silver, turquoise, lapis lazuli, and carnelian). Old Kingdom, 4th Dynasty, ca. 2575-2550 BC. From the Tomb of Hetepheres I, G 7000X near the Great Pyramid of Giza. Now in the Egyptian Museum, Cairo.

13 Likes

Zuni artists, listen up! :smiley: How about that. What a great design, with imagery that could definitely work today in Native jewelry.

6 Likes

is it kingman? or maybe sleeping beauty?

3 Likes

I guess … Kingman! :rofl:

6 Likes

Thank you @Ziacat . We should have seen that coming. :rofl:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: I vote Egyptian turquoise.

6 Likes

In all seriousness, they really are gorgeous.

4 Likes

What tipped you off?

:rofl:

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure I remember it from back when I was Cleopatra. :joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

These are incredible and I am reminded how human cultures throughout time and space have created art - the same ways with the same materials applied with tenderness and love.
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

I get a kick out of looking through shops that sell high-end authentic old and new. There is much to be learned about the past from seeing the new bags, baskets, jewelry, etc. It is cool and beautiful.

1 Like

Wow!!! Need more characters for post

1 Like

All joking aside, those are extremely cool bracelets. I keep coming back to look at them.

Ok, here was the rest of them in the original photo. I was not sure if they were just different images of the same two or 7 different ones. So here they are for your enjoyment.

Queen Bracelets 2

2 Likes

I believe these are the same style shown as being made in the modern days.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification @raysha !

2 Likes

Do you have a link to objects like these? Would like to see.

1 Like

I think this should get you there

1 Like

@raysha I misunderstood your phrasing when you wrote “in the modern days” in response to @StevesTrail showing more cuffs. I read that as saying you thought it was still a style made today that you’ve seen. Ok then, we’re all talking about the antiquities.

1 Like

I’m not sure. It seems to me the original poster was showing modern styles of the two ancient bracelets found in Queen Hetepheres I’s tomb?

1 Like