Real or fake turquoises

Did it again :-/ … Bought these online recently at kind of a high price from a lady in Albuquerque. She bought them at the Santo Domingo Pueblo 25 years ago. I don’t doubt that part. In person though, the turquoise seems weird. Especially the bracelet. All the necklaces in photo have a signature bead (I just found out about those recently) and strung on string. I think they all may be made by different people. My camera makes them all look darker.

1. Bracelet. Cones signed JDC. Strung on wire. I don’t think sterling since they don’t say sterling. Turquoise is weird. Fake?

2. Necklace far right. I did not see the signature bead until it arrived. Very pale turquoise nuggets and plated? bench beads fake? (should be tarnished if 20 yrs old) Is it dyed or fake?

3. Necklace center. Looks like they dripped black stuff on it to dye the light brown matrix black. Feels like stones of some sort and pale green. Fake?

4. Necklace left. Serpentine and normal seeming turquoise. Real? Hangs almost as nicely as my Calvin Lovato.

Thanks for any help with type and who signs with a heishi bead!

It is hard to tell without actually seeing the pieces or better pictures that can be enlarged. Lots of time the best way to educate yourself is to see what is available with supply stores, https://www.firemountaingems.com/shop/turquoise-beads. That is an example of one store, but their are several. In my town it is thunderbird supply which has a website where you can find pricing. Most of the time when you see pieces like this they are assembled, meaning someone purchased beads and put them together. That is why when you find a handmade set of beads they have a certain look and cost so much more. Nuggets like this you are looking for something old and natural, heishe you are looking for Santo Domingo. Hope this helps.

Thanks Jason! I’ll check them out. I think you’re right - that’s what the artists did. I added some close ups, if anyone is interested, but probably too hard to tell from photos. Please excuse the cat hair - this is kitty’s scratching post. Thanks again!

Bracelet

2018-08-29_172219

Necklace 1
2018-08-29_171948

Necklace 2
2018-08-29_172034

Necklace 3