Real Santo Domingo Heishi & Turquoise Necklace?

Found this lovely necklace in a thrift shop in Arizona. Seems to be genuine heishi and turquoise with sterling silver cone shaped end pieces stamped with a rising / setting sun and “Sterling”. Any info about origins, fake or genuine, ID of artist, comments on turquoise and heishi would be most appreciated.

2 Likes

Found this in here somewhere…(originally put this in the wrong post and deleted it)

Like Jason says in the photo above, he does not believe those marks are a hallmark. Your necklace does appear to be Santa Domingo. I have quite a few Santo Domingo necklaces, and only one has a hallmark, and it’s on the back of an attached pendant.

I believe it is a common stamp mark on commercially made cones; I’m not saying that about the necklace, just the cones.

1 Like

Thank you so much. Appreciate the feedback. Given your comments and attachment of the photo and post from @Jason, I will definitely stop looking for the artist based on the sun stamp! :pray: very glad to hear the piece is probably Santo Domingo. Any thoughts on the turquoise?

1 Like

Turquoise in these necklaces is hard for me. I think it’s often stabilized Kingman, but I really don’t know. Hopefully others will join the discussion. It’s a pretty necklace. I would wear it!

Thank you - I love it! It was a great find. :grinning: