Ring with Turquoise and Silver Drops

I bought this off of eBay to add to the collection. It just arrived!! The turquoise is beautiful. Any idea of it’s approximate age? 40’s 50’s ?

I’m going to shave my knuckles now. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Didn’t Steve Parfitt suggest 50’s over on the Traditional Pueblo Jewelry f/b page? And are you reselling it, since it obviously doesn’t fit you. Don’t you just love how generous we are to ourselves with close ups? Thank you for the giggles.

1 Like

Hi @karne, Yes, he did, however I’m always looking for corroboration of facts, at least until I feel versed enough in the subject to know for certain myself. No, not reselling. I don’t generally wear jewelry because I work around machinery so size is not as great an importance to me as authenticity and quality when considering adding a piece to the family collection.

3 Likes

Hey Jeff, did you see this?

I was browsing Shiprock’s site and saw this ring–it reminded me so much of yours I had to go back and find this post to be sure it wasn’t the same one. There are a few differences, most notably the side panels on the Shiprock one. But very similar; I’d be willing to bet they are by the same maker. And both with really similar great Blue Gem stones. Shiprock puts theirs at c. 1960 which is consistent with the date we were thinking for yours.

Screenshot of the Shiprock ring for the benefit of future readers of this thread in the event that is sells and the link stops working:

2 Likes

Amazing detective work, O! As a Blue Gem fan, this is one tasty ring. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wow…darn close. Great memory…and a beautiful ring!

Or two tasy rings :wink:

1 Like

Wow, $375! I’m almost ashamed to admit I paid $57 for mine.

1 Like

I remember Stephen’s post to the ebay listing and that you got it for a good price. I couldn’t remember exactly what though; my memory’s not that good. Good buy! You should add the Shiprock info to your records as a comparable.

1 Like